It has been a busy week for police in Queens.
Police are looking for three suspects who robbed 19 people in Corona and Elmhurst from December to February. The suspects are described as Hispanic males between the ages of 20- and 30-years-old.
The NYPD found human remains at Flushing’s Kissena Park on Feb. 8. According to police, the remains have probably been there for months.
After a six-month investigation employing over 250 leads from the public, 1,700 investigative reports and DNA testing, detectives have reportedly found Howard Beach Karina Vetrano’s killer. Chanel Lewis, the 20-year-old East Brooklyn resident accused of brutally raping and murdering Howard Beach’s Karina Vetrano last August, is being held without bail on second-degree murder charges.
Here are the top 10 stories in Queens this week:
- Robbery crew has mugged 19 people in Corona in Elmhurst since December
- Decomposed body found in a Flushing Park ‘probably there for months, cops say
- French native opens Woodside eatery after years of working in NYC restaurants
- Howard Beach grandson of late mob boss John Gotti admits to drug dealing
- Whitestone infant dies after experiencing trouble breathing
- Sample sweets from Queens bakers who are making unique treats without a storefront
- Fresh Meadows teen has been missing since Monday, mom asks for help in finding him
- This Ridgewood supermarket is bringing in a sidewalk cafe and sushi & hibachi stations
- Brooklyn man held without bail on murder charges for killing Howard Beach’s Karina Vetrano
- Public schools closed as Queens braces itself for the first major snowstorm of the season