Suspects in College Point murder caught in Florida after leading cops on high-speed pursuit: reports

Photo by Robert Stridiron

Two men allegedly connected to a deadly shooting in College Point earlier this month were apprehended on Monday in Florida after a wild, rush-hour police pursuit, it was reported.

Krishon Hedge and Brandon Lee, both 23, are accused of participating in the Oct. 1 murder of Jaquan Campbell, 25, near the College Point Multiplex on Ulmer Street. The Brooklyn resident was reportedly gunned down shortly after being involved in a dispute at the nearby Angels strip club in Flushing.

According to published reports, Hedge and Lee were identified as members of a drug organization. The U.S. Marshals and the NYPD Regional Fugitive Task Force received a tip that both men were in South Florida and traveled there to search.

Just before 5 p.m. on Oct. 22, it was reported, U.S. Marshals located Hedge and Lee in Miami Beach and called for backup assistance. Hedge and Lee, along with two other unidentified men, then took off in a BMW and led police on a high-speed pursuit through local streets and highways from Miami Beach into the city of Miami.

Law enforcement agents eventually stopped the vehicle and apprehended Hedge and Lee; the two unidentified individuals who went along for a ride with them were not charged, according to WPLG-TV.

Regarding the homicide, Campbell and his girlfriend were driving along Ulmer Street near the College Point Multiplex at 3:30 a.m. on Oct. 1 where their vehicle was struck from behind after another.

After the two vehicles stopped, authorities said, four masked perpetrators exited from the second car and confronted Campbell. One of the suspects then pulled out a gun and fired multiple shots, striking Campbell about the torso.

Police said they then pulled the wounded Campbell and his unharmed girlfriend from the car and took off. Both cars were ditched nearby and later located by police.

Officers from the 109th Precinct and EMS units responded to the shooting. Campbell was pronounced dead at the scene.

Hedge and Lee are awaiting extradition back to Queens and potentially face murder charges. The investigation is ongoing.

More from Around New York