The top cop at Bayside’s 111th Precinct helped his fellow officers cuff two Jamaica men earlier this month on a slew of illegal drug and gun possession charges.
According to authorities, officers from the command on Northern Boulevard arrested 31-year-old Wilmer Clotter and 63-year-old Rafael Toscano on Aug. 15.
An NYPD spokesperson said that day tour and plainclothes officers apprehended the suspects in the rear of Infiniti of Bayside at 217-07 Northern Blvd. just before 1 p.m. Cops then arrested the pair and brought them to the precinct around 3:17 p.m. that afternoon.
Law enforcement sources noted that Captain John Hall, commander of the 111th Precinct, helped facilitate the arrest.
Police charged Clotter and with the following criminal charges:
- Second-degree criminal possession of a loaded firearm
- Third-degree criminal possession of a defaced weapon
- Criminal possession of a firearm
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a firearm or weapon
- Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
Clotter’s accomplice Toscano faced the same four criminal weapons charges in addition to fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance with 10 counts of intent to sell.
The NYPD praised police from the Bayside-based precinct for getting illegal firearms and drugs off the streets.
Illegal firearm and drugs? Not on this team’s watch.
— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) August 23, 2019