Metropolitan Transportation Authority
The MTA has scheduled a number of service changes for several subway lines throughout the city due to construction work.
These service advisories are current as of Wednesday, Feb. 1. Last minute changes to service and operating schedules may be made due to weather-related conditions or emergency repairs. Check www.mta.info for schedule changes.
Rail lines which run through the area that will be affected include the following:
Weekend Shutdown On L Line In Bklyn.
L train service will be suspended between Broadway Junction and Lorimer Street this weekend, from 12:01 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, until 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 6. During this period, L trains will operate in two sections: between Eighth Avenue and Lorimer Street, and between Broadway Junction and Rockaway Parkway.
Free shuttle buses will provide alternate service along the L line between Broadway Junction and Lorimer Street. The buses will stop at closed L train stations as follows:
– Broadway Junction-on Fulton Street and Van Sinderen Avenue (transfer available to the A, C, J and L trains);
– Bushwick Avenue-Aberdeen Street-on Bushwick Avenue at De- Sales Place (to Broadway Junction) or at Aberdeen Street (to Lorimer Street);
– Wilson Avenue-on Cooper Avenue at Wilson Avenue (to Broadway Junction) or on Decatur Street at Wilson Avenue (to Lorimer Street);
– Halsey Street-on Wyckoff Avenue at Weirfield Street;
– Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues-on Wyckoff Avenue at Myrtle Avenue (transfer available to M train);
– DeKalb Avenue-on Wyckoff Avenue at DeKalb Avenue;
– Jefferson Street-on Wyckoff Avenue at Starr Street;
– Morgan Avenue-on Morgan Avenue at Harrison Place (to Broadway Junction) or on Harrison Street at Morgan Avenue (to Lorimer Street);
– Montrose Avenue-on Bushwick Avenue at Montrose Avenue;
– Grand Street-on Bushwick Avenue at Grand Street;
– Graham Avenue-on Metropolitan Avenue at Graham Avenue; and
– Lorimer Street-on Metropolitan Avenue at Union Avenue (transfer available to the G and L trains).
No Weekend 7 Trains Bet. Qns. & Manhattan
There will be no 7 train service between Queensboro Plaza and Times Square-42nd Street this weekend, from 12:01 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, until 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 6. During this period, 7 trains will operate between Queensboro Plaza and Main Street-Flushing.
For service between Queens and Manhattan transfer from the 7 train to the N or Q train at either Queensboro Plaza or Times Square or the E train at 74th Street. It was noted that alternate Q trains will be extended to Astoria Ditmars Boulevard on Saturday from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. and on Sunday from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m.
During this time period, free shuttle buses will provide alternate service along the 7 line between Queensboro Plaza and Vernon Boulevard Jackson Avenue. These buses will additionally stop at Queens Plaza for E train service.
The shuttle buses will stop as follows:
– Queensboro Plaza-on Queens Plaza South at 27th Avenue;
– Queens Plaza-on Jackson Avenue at Queens Plaza South;
– Court Square-23rd Street-on 44th Drive at 23rd Street (to Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue) or on 23rd Street at 44th Drive (to Queensboro Plaza);
– Hunters Point Avenue-on 21st Street at 49th Avenue; and
– Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue- on Vernon Boulevard at 50th Avenue.
Court Sq. Station Is Closed On 7 Train
The Court Square station on the 7 line remains closed at all times in both directions through 5 a.m. Monday, Apr. 2, due to a capital improvement project.
For service to this station, take the E or M train to Court Square-23rd Street or the 7 train to Hunters Point Avenue or Queensboro Plaza.
To transfer between the 7 and G trains, use the free out-of-system transfer between the Hunters Point Avenue stop on the 7 line and the 21st Street station on the G line.
Weekday Express On J Line In Brooklyn
Jamaica Center-bound J trains will operate express service between Myrtle Avenue and Broadway Junction on Thursday, Feb. 2, Friday, Feb. 3, and Wednesday, Feb. 8, through Friday, Feb. 10, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
For service to the Kosciuszko Street, Gates Avenue, Halsey Street and Chauncey Street stations, take the J train to Broadway Junction, then transfer to a Manhattan-bound J train. For service from these stations, take the J train to Myrtle Avenue, then transfer to a Jamaica Center-bound J train.
E, M Trains Switch Lines On Overnights
E and M trains will operate on parts of the F line between Queens and Manhattan on Thursday, Feb. 2, Friday, Feb. 3, and Monday, Feb. 6, through Friday, Feb. 10, from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m.
Manhattan-bound E trains will run on the F line between 36th Street and West Fourth Street, then resume normal service to World Trade Center. Queens-bound E trains will run on the F line from West Fourth Street to 21st Street-Queensbridge, then resume normal service to Jamaica Center.
Meanwhile, M trains will run on the F line in both directions between 36th Street in Queens and 47th-50th Streets in Manhattan on Monday through Thursday from 10 p.m. until midnight.
For service to the Queens Plaza or Court Square-23rd Street stations, transfer to the R train at Roosevelt Avenue or 34th Street-Herald Square or the 7 train at 74th Street-Roosevelt Avenue (depart at the Queensboro Plaza station, which is located near the Court Square and Queens Plaza stations).
Weekend Switch Of Lines For F Train
Manhattan-bound F trains will run on the M line between 47th-50th Streets and Roosevelt Avenue this weekend, from 11 p.m. Friday, Feb. 3, until 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 6. These trains will continue to operate express service between Roosevelt Avenue and Queens Plaza.
For service to the 21st Street- Queensbridge, Roosevelt Island, Lexington Avenue-63rd Street and 57th Street stations, take the F train to 47th-50th Streets, then transfer to a Jamaica-bound F train. For service from the 21st Street-Queensbridge and Roosevelt Island stations, take the F train to Roosevelt Avenue, then transfer to a Manhattan-bound F train.
Additionally, manhattan-bound F trains will run local service between Roosevelt Avenue and 21st Street- Queensbridge on Tuesday, Feb. 7, through Friday, Feb. 10, from 12:01 until 5 a.m. Riders are advised to allow for additional travel time.
N Trains Skip Stops In Astoria Weekdays
Astoria-bound N trains will skip the 39th Avenue, 36th Avenue, Broadway and 30th Avenue stations on Monday, Feb. 6, through Friday, Feb. 10, from 10:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. During this period, there will be no Q train service north of 57th Street in Manhattan.
For service to the skipped stations in Queens, take the N train to Astoria Boulevard, then transfer to a Manhattan bound N train. For service from these stations, take the N train to Queensboro Plaza, then transfer to an Astoria-bound N train.
* * *
For a complete list of service changes and last-minute updates, visit the MTA’s website at www.mta.info.