Special Activities For Every Visitor
All are invited to enjoy another “Fun Day at the Ridgewood Library” full of activities for guests of all ages scheduled to take place on Saturday, Sept. 29, from 9:30 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Ridgewood Library, the event will feature 10 programs that will take place over the course of the day. They include the following:
– a huge flea market with 30 tables of new and gently used items, including appliances;
– a friends table where members of the public can join the Friends of the Ridgewood Library, then purchase used books at deeply discounted prices as a “thank you” for joining;
– a kids craft table, where children will be able to draw creative images using crayons, markers and construction paper;
– a safety program for children from the NYPD;
– free health care information provided by Wyckoff Heights Medical Center;
– information tables hosted by Rep. Nydia Velázquez and City Council Member Diana Reyna on city and federal government programs available to Ridgewood residents;
– a children’s tour of Engine Co. 291’s firetruck;
– face painting for children;
– free library card registration by the Queens Borough Public Library; and
– hot dogs, cupcakes, soda and water at very low prices.
“On Sept. 29, there will be many activities for all age groups at the Ridgewood library,” said Friends President Thomas Dowd. “We hope you can stop by and support our Friends’ work. All proceeds will be used to purchase new books for the children, youth and adult libraries at the newly renovated Ridgewood library.”
The Ridgewood library is located at 2012 Madison St., between Forest and Fairview avenues. In the event of inclement weather, the Fun Day at the Ridgewood Library will take place the following Saturday, Oct. 6.