Street festival applications top the agenda at Community Board 5’s next meeting this Wednesday night, Feb. 12, in Middle Village.
As announced by District Manager Gary Giordano, the meeting will take place at 7:30 p.m. in the cafeteria of Christ the King Regional High School, located at 68-02 Metropolitan Ave.
The advisory body will review and vote on recommendations regarding seven applications for street fairs scheduled to take place within the board’s confines later this year. The applicants are as follows:
– The Ridgewood Local Development Corporation for its Myrtle Avenue Festival on Sunday, Apr. 13, from noon to 6 p.m. along Myrtle Avenue between Wyckoff Avenue and Fresh Pond Road in Ridgewood.
– The Kiwanis Club of Glendale for its Metropolitan Avenue Festival on Sunday, May 5, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. along Metropolitan Avenue between 73rd Place and 79th Street in Middle Village.
– The Maspeth Chamber of Commerce, the Maspeth Lions Club and the Kiwanis Club of Maspeth for their Grand Avenue festival on Sunday, June 1, from noon to 6 p.m. along Grand Avenue between 65th and 72nd streets in Maspeth.
– The Kiwanis Club of Glendale for its Myrtle Avenue Festival on Sunday, Aug. 17, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. along Myrtle Avenue between Forest Avenue and Fresh Pond Road in Ridgewood.
– The Federazione Italo- Americana di Brooklyn and Queens for its Fresh Pond Road Festival on Thursday, Sept. 4, through Saturday, Sept. 6, from 5:30 to 10 p.m.; and Sunday, Sept. 7, from 2 to 10 p.m., along Fresh Pond Road between Woodbine and Menahan streets in Ridgewood.
– The Myrtle Avenue Business Improvement District for its Myrtle Avenue Festival on Sunday, Sept. 14, from noon to 6 p.m. along Myrtle Avenue between Wyckoff Avenue and Fresh Pond Road in Ridgewood.
– The Boy Scouts of America for its Maspeth Street Fair on Sunday, Oct. 5, from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. along Grand Avenue between 69th Street and 72nd Place in Maspeth.
The Board 5 Executive Committee conducted a preliminary review of each application.
The meeting agenda also includes the public forum; reports by District Manager Giordano and Chairperson Vincent Arcuri; reviews of demolition notices and liquor license applications; and committee reports.
For additional information or to register to speak in advance, call Board 5’s Glendale office at 1-718- 366-1834.