Queens man accused of shooting four men, killing one, in South Jamaica: DA

Eric Foster, 39 , faces charges for the Dec. 22 fatal shooting of 29 year old Kenni Dunn.
Lloyd Mitchell

A Jamaica man was criminally charged with murder for a December shooting that killed one man and seriously injured three others, two of whom were left paralyzed on a residential street in South Jamaica.

Eric Foster, 39, of 146th Street, was arraigned Friday in Queens Supreme Court on an eight-count indictment charging him with murder in the second degree, three counts of attempted murder and other crimes. Foster faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted.

According to court documents, video surveillance shows that on Dec. 22, at 3:11 p.m., Foster got into a white Volkswagen Jetta in the driveway of his house that he later parked about a half-mile away on 142nd Place. Wearing a dark-colored jacket, face covering, sweatshirt and red sneakers, Foster walked one and a half blocks to 117-29 143rd Street and encountered 29-year-old Kenni Dunn and three other men standing alongside a 2019 Jeep Cherokee.

Foster walked past the men, reached into his jacket, pulled out a handgun, and then turned around and opened fire on Dunn and the other men. After shooting the victims, Foster returned to 142nd Place and drove away in the Jetta.

Video shows Foster returning to his home at around 3:20 p.m. and parking the Jetta in the driveway. Foster later exited his residence carrying a white garbage bag and got into a white SUV. Video footage shows the garbage bag being discarded from the SUV on the side of a road in Brooklyn. The garbage bag contained a dark-colored jacket, face covering and sweatshirt.

The next day, Dec. 23, a court-authorized search warrant was executed at Foster’s home. In the bedroom, police found three shotguns, two semi-automatic rifles, one bolt-action rifle and ammunition. Plastic bags containing what appeared to be cocaine and glassine envelopes with what appeared to be heroin were also found. Additionally, a pair of red sneakers were found.

The four shooting victims were rushed by EMS to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. Dunn, who had been shot in the right rear torso, was pronounced dead a short while later. A second victim, a 36-year-old man shot in the upper back, remains partially paralyzed. A 43-year-old who sustained a gunshot to his rear torso that severed his spinal cord is paralyzed from the chest down. The other victim was a 29-year-old man who was shot in the arm.

Detectives from the 113th Precinct in Jamaica took Foster into custody on Jan. 24.

“A cold-blooded shooting in broad daylight on a residential street cost a man his life and left three others seriously wounded,” Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz said. “We must continue fighting this plague of gun violence by doing everything we can to get illegal guns and the criminals who use them off our streets”
In addition to the murder and assault charges, Foster was also charged with a slew of weapons possession charges as well as multiple counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance.

Queens Supreme Court Justice Ushir Pandit-Durant remanded Foster into custody and ordered him to return to court on March 12.