Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Photos courtesy of the NYPD
Photos courtesy of the NYPD

The gun-toting man who opened fire on a crowd along an East Elmhurst street last month remains at large, authorities said.

According to police, at 8:45 p.m. on April 22, an unknown individual began to fire several shots at a group of men outside of an apartment house at the corner of 30th Avenue and 96th Street.

Two vehicles were struck by the gunfire, however there were no reported injuries.

Law enforcement sources said the suspect, along with a second individual, fled through the alleyway of a building towards 97th Street. The incident was later reported to the 115th Precinct.

Police released this surveillance video of the two suspects firing their weapon and fleeing the scene.

Following an ongoing investigation, on April 25, police arrested 38-year-old Michael Alexander, of East Elmhurst, who was identified as the second individual in the video. He was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment, conspiracy, menacing and two counts of criminal mischief.

The shooter still remains at large. Cops described him as a black man between the ages of 25 and 35-years-old and was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweater, black jeans and black sneakers.

1096-18 Reckless Endangerment 115 Pct 04-22-18 PHOTO

Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577. All calls and messages are kept confidential.

Comments:

Join The Discussion



Popular Stories
Photo: Shutterstock
Married off-duty city employees arrested after apparent altercation in their Queens home
Photo by Angela Matua/QNS
City calls it quits on DOT Clear Curbs pilot program along Roosevelt Avenue in Queens
Photos courtesy of U.S. Attorney's office
Howard Beach mobster must spend 14 years in federal pen and sell his Sopranos-style McMansion


Skip to toolbar