No Prowling Behind Bars – QNS.com

No Prowling Behind Bars

Cops Cuff Man For Kidnap Attempts

Detectives from two squads worked together to catch a Flushing man last Thursday, Jan. 31, who allegedly attempted to lure two teenage girls to his vehicle in kidnapping attempts in Flushing and Corona a wee earlier, police reported.

The suspect in two attempted kidnappings in Corona and Flushing, identified by police as Angel Recalde.

Authorities said Angel Recalde, 43, of 149th Street was taken into custody last Thursday morning following a joint investigation conducted by the 109th Precinct and 115th Precinct Detective Squads.

Law enforcement sources stated that Recalde allegedly tried to pick up a 13-year-old girl walking in the vicinity of Northern Boulevard and 102nd Street in Corona at 7 a.m. on the morning of Jan. 25.

About 13 hours after that incident, the suspect reportedly attempted to lure a 14-year-old girl in the area of Northern and Parsons boulevards in Flushing.

In both cases, police stated, Recalde was behind the wheel of a late model Cadillac Escalade SUV which was caught at one of the locations by surveillance camera images.

Regarding the Corona incident, police said, the perpetrator drove up alongside the 13-year-old girl and engaged in a conversation with her. Reportedly, the young girl walked away after realizing that she did not know the man.

Authorities said that Recalde then exited from the vehicle, approached the girl and grabbed her by the arm as she attempted to run away. The girl managed to pull away from the suspect and fled.

During the Flushing caper, police noted, Recalde approached the victim from inside his vehicle and motioned for her to enter his SUV. He reportedly followed her inside the vehicle as she walked away until she fled from the location.

Recalde was charged by Det. Abraham Cruz of the 115th Precinct Detective Squad, the arresting officer, with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

According to court records, the suspect was arraigned in Queens Criminal Court last Friday, Feb. 1, before Judge Gia Morris and released after posting the $1,000 bail.

More from Around New York