Quantcast

Queensbridge blind man robbed twice in two weeks [With Video]

Queensbridge blind man robbed twice in two weeks [With Video]
By Bianca Fortis

A blind man was the victim of two robberies in two weeks at the Queensbridge Houses by the same predator, police said.

On June 29, at 11:15 a.m., the suspect followed a 73-year-old man into his home near 41st Avenue and 21st Street, grabbed a chain from the victim’s neck and then fled on foot, police said.

Earlier this week on Tuesday at 1:15 p.m., the suspect followed the victim, forced his way into his home, grabbed the victim by the throat and threw him to the ground, according to police. The victim, lost consciousness and the suspect stole electronic equipment from the apartment, they said. He then fled on foot.

The victim was brought to Mt. Sinai Hospital and was listed in stable condition.

The suspect is described as a black man between 20 and 30 years old and between 5-foot-8 and 5-foot-10. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, blue jeans, sneakers and a fitted New York Yankees hat.

More from Around New York