Also: Long-Time Contributor Honored
Recently the Blau Weiss Gottschee (BWG) soccer organization announced this year’s high school seniors’ college commitments. Each one of these players has received academic or athletic scholarships for playing soccer.
These select players have also spent part of numerous successful years playing with BWG and are quite accomplished.
Players in this group have won state cups at tournaments, made the United States Youth Soccer Association Regional Semifinal, captured a prestigious Northeast preacademy League with a big win against the MLS academy Red Bulls and made it all the way to the National Premier League Final.
These Players are listed below with their positions and college commitments:
– Nicholas Bigilin, defender, University of Kentucky.
– Joseph Escamilla, defender, Hobbart College.
– Daniel Espinoza, midfield, Stony Brook University.
– Francis Garces, defender, Buffalo State.
– Stefan Gualano, midfield, Stony Brook University.
– Anthony Marra, forward, Central Connecticut College.
– Akeem Morris, forward, Stony Brook University.
– Christian Nolasco, goalkeeper, West Point.
– Kamil Pruzcko, forward, Siena College.
– Mark Scelsa, goalkeeper, University of New Haven.
– Matthew Scimemi, defender, LIU C.W. Post.
– Brandon Silva, midfield, LIU C.W. Post.
More BWG news
The club was honored that on Mar. 5, the 2014 New York City Soccer Gala chose to recognize Ben Boehm, a long-time BWG contributor.
After he was introduced by Bruce Beck of NBC Sports, Boehm received a standing ovation and then delivered a powerful speech.
Based in Queens, BWG is an elite US soccer club, and Boehm has been a large part of that success.
“The most expensive toys will keep the cats busy for a little time, but if you give them a paper ball cats will play the entire day.” Boehm said.
“There is no difference with the kids, just give them the ball and let them play soccer, because that is what they want to do.”