This year the Public Theater will be offering vouchers or ticket distributions in Queens and across the boroughs over the course of the summer for every public performance of Free Shakespeare in the Park, continuing The Public’s mission of making greater theater accessible for all.
The Public Theater will begin performances of the 2019 Free Shakespeare in the Park production of ‘Much Ado About Nothing’ on Tuesday, May 21 at the Delacorte Theater, continuing a 57-year tradition of free theater in Central Park.
Directed by Tony Award winner Kenny Leon, the all-black staging of the comedy will officially open on Tuesday, June 11 and will run through Sunday, June 23.
In the modern production of ‘Much Ado About Nothing,’ the community of Messina is celebrating a break from an ongoing war. But not all is peaceful amid the revelry, as old rivals engage in a battle of wits, unexpected foes plot revenge, and young lovers are caught in a tumultuous courtship — until love proves the ultimate trickster, and undoes them all.
‘Much Ado About Nothing’ ticket distributions will be held at the following Queens location provided below:
- Thursday, May 23 – Central Library – 89-11 Merrick Blvd, Jamaica, 11432
- Sunday, May 26 – New York Hall of Science – 47-01 111th St, Corona, NY 11368
- Tuesday, May 28 – Flushing Library – 41-17 Main St, Flushing, NY 11355
- Wednesday, June 5 – Elmhurst Library – 86-07 Broadway, Elmhurst, NY 11373
- Saturday, June 15 – Long Island City Library – 37-44 21st St, Long Island City, NY 11101
- Thursday, June 20 – Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning – 161-4 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11432
Tickets to The Public Theater’s Free Shakespeare in the Park are distributed in a number of ways.
On the day of each public performance, free tickets may be acquired in person at The Delacorte Theater, through a digital lottery via the TodayTix website or mobile app, in person at a borough distribution site, and via an in person lottery in the lobby of The Public Theater at 425 Lafayette Street.
All tickets are subject to availability. A performance calendar and complete ticket distribution details can be found at PublicTheater.org. A limited number of tickets are also available via advance reservation by making a contribution in support of Free Shakespeare in the Park.
To learn more, or to make a contribution, call 212.967.7555, or visit PublicTheater.org.