Jamaica man charged with attempted murder in ‘brutal’ 2022 stabbing: DA

A Jamaica man was arraigned Friday in Queens Supreme Court on attempted murder and other crimes in connection to a near-fatal stabbing last February.
File photo by Lloyd Mitchell

A Jamaica man was criminally charged with attempted murder after allegedly trying to solicit a woman to engage in prostitution and then stabbing her boyfriend, who had confronted him last February, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz.

Rahlik Pinnock, 34, of 115th Road, was arraigned in Queens Supreme Court on Sept. 8 on a six-count indictment charging him with attempted murder in the second degree, assault in the first degree, attempted assault in the first degree, two counts of assault in the second degree and criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.

According to the charges, just before midnight on the night of Feb. 1, 2022, Pinnock approached a woman inside a liquor store at 115-30 Sutphin Blvd. in Jamaica, told her he was a pimp and tried to solicit her to engage in prostitution. The woman phoned her 22-year-old boyfriend and told him what Pinnock had said to her. Her boyfriend went to the liquor store and confronted Pinnock, the two became engaged in a verbal dispute and Pinnock left the store and drove away in a gray SUV.

The man then walked to his home along with his girlfriend. As he neared the house, Pinnock approached him from behind and chased him into the backyard. Pinnock pulled out a weapon and stabbed the man multiple times in the chest and arm and fled, the charges state.

A family member called 911 and police responded. EMS rushed the victim to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, where he underwent life-saving surgery for stab wounds that pierced through his lungs and into his heart, according to prosecutors.

Investigators tracked down Pinnock in Pennsylvania in June. He was taken into custody and extradited back to Queens on Thursday, Sept. 7

“We have seen verbal disputes all too often escalate to brutal violence, in this case resulting in serious injuries,” Katz said. “The defendant evaded law enforcement for several months, but now that he is in custody, he will be held accountable for the serious charges against him.”

Queens Supreme Court Justice Michelle Johnson ordered Pinnock to return to court on Sept. 18. If convicted, Pinnock faces up to 25 years in prison.