Wire Fire In Ridgewood

Sparks flew and lights flickered along a Ridgewood block last Tuesday, June 24, after a transformer caught fire atop a utility pole, Fire Department sources said. Reportedly, the blaze ignited at about 6:30 p.m. along Bleecker Street near Grandview Avenue. Members of Engine companies 271, 277 and 291; Ladder companies 124 and 140; Battalion 28; the 104th Precinct and EMS units responded to the scene. There were no reported injuries or power outages. Con Edison workers later worked to repair damaged equipment.

More from Around New York