Head to Seneca Avenue on Saturday, Oct. 24, from noon to 5 p.m. for the second annual Ridgewood Seneca Avenue Stroll, sponsored by the Myrtle Avenue Business Improvement District (BID) and the Department of Transportation (DOT), for some fun, tasty food from local restaurants and live musical entertainment.
The following local restaurants are participating in the event:
- Ridgewood Eats, located at 903 Seneca Ave., celebrating 10 years of business on Seneca Avenue;
- Rudy’s Bakery and Café, located at 905 Seneca Ave., celebrating 81 years on Seneca Avenue;
- Nepalese Indian Restaurant, at 907 Seneca Ave., which is celebrating three years on Seneca Avenue;
- Zum Stammtisch and Stammtisch Pork Store, located at 69-46 Myrtle Ave., celebrating 44 years on Myrtle Avenue; and
- BelGioioso Cheese Inc. will also be featured at the stroll.
Enjoy beer tastings from Finback Brewery, Queens Brewery and Bridge and Tunnel Brewery inside the Nepalese Indian Restaurant.
From noon to 3:30 p.m. the Queens Library Bookmobile will be at the Stroll thanks to the Friends of the Ridgewood Library.
The Myrtle Avenue BID will be handing out free Halloween activity fun packs and there will be hot cocoa and cookies, compliments of Rudy’s Bakery and Café, while supplies last.
There will be musical entertainment by Bobby Svet, Dino Mezic and Richie Cosetti, and more.
“This is our second annual participation in DOT’s Weekend Walk Program and it is another opportunity for us to highlight some of the great eateries along Seneca Avenue and for all to have a good time and join friends for a celebration of some of our longstanding business in the BID district,” said Ted Renz, executive director of the Myrtle Avenue BID.
During the stroll, Seneca Avenue, between Myrtle and Catalpa avenues will be closed to traffic from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.