Cops are looking for a teen with sticky fingers who spent his summer stealing cellphones from his victims on the streets of Flushing.
Over the course of two months, the suspect snatched cellphones out of the hands of 10 victims. Each incident took place between the hours of 1:15 p.m. and 12:40 a.m. In most of the incidents, the suspect fled the scene on a black, white and red Eurobike.
The robberies, as the NYPD reported, are as follows:
- At 10:50 p.m. on June 29, a 27-year-old man was standing in the vicinity of Saull Street and Maple Avenue when an unknown man snatched his cellphone from his hands. The suspect fled on a bike westbound on Maple Avenue.
- At 9:35 p.m. on July 8, a 25-year-old woman was in the vicinity of Blossom Avenue and Main Street when the suspect stole her cellphone, which also had $100 in the case, out of her hands. The suspect then fled westbound on Blossom Avenue on his bike.
- At 12:25 a.m. on July 20, the crook snatched a 48-year-old woman’s cellphone from her hands and knocked her to the ground on Maple Street. The suspect fled the scene in an unknown direction on a bicycle. The victim was treated at the scene by EMS.
- At 12:30 a.m. on July 21, a 19-year-old man was standing on Franklin Avenue when the thief grabbed his cellphone out of his hands. The suspect then fled the scene on his bike down Kissena Boulevard.
- At 12:40 a.m. on Aug. 1, a 46-year-old man was standing in the vicinity of Frame Place and Maple Avenue when the suspect grabbed his cellphone from his hands. The crook then fled westbound on Sanford Avenue on his bike.
- At 10 p.m. on Aug. 2, the suspect snatched a 55-year-old man’s cellphone from his hands while in the vicinity of Juniper Avenue and Kissena Boulevard. The suspect then fled on foot in an unknown direction.
- At 2 p.m. on Aug. 10, a 30-year-old man was standing on Maple Avenue when the suspect stole his cellphone out of his hands. The thief then fled westbound on Maple Avenue on a bicycle.
- At 1:15 p.m. on Aug. 15, a 29-year-old man was standing on Maple Avenue when the suspect stole his cellphone out of his hands. The suspect then fled eastbound on Maple Avenue on a bicycle.
- At 12:05 a.m. on Aug. 20, the suspect snatched a 31-year-old man’s cellphone from his hands while on Colden Street. The suspect then fled southbound on Colden Street on a bicycle.
- At 2 p.m. on Aug. 24, a 47-year-old man was standing in the vicinity of Saull Street and Maple Avenue when the suspect snatched his cellphone from his hands. The suspect fled on a bike westbound on Maple Avenue.
Police described the suspect as a Hispanic male between the ages of 16 and 18 years old, standing 5 feet, 10 inches tall and with an afro hairstyle.
Cops released this video of the suspect that was collected following the 10th incident:
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577. All calls and messages are kept confidential.