UPDATE: Flushing man dies days after being seriously beaten in a road rage incident

The section of Colden Street in Flushing where a 68-year-old man was viciously beaten last week.
Photo via Google Maps

An elderly Flushing man who was assaulted and critically injured following a minor traffic accident in the neighborhood last month has died of his injuries, police announced on Monday.

Chun Man Tse, 68, succumbed to his injuries on Sunday, July 30, after being assaulted eight days earlier by a 44-year-old man identified by police as Cleaman Anderson of Flushing.

Anderson was arrested on July 26 on assault charges, and an accomplice in the attack — his sister, who is an NYPD school safety agent — now faces a departmental investigation for her role in the incident. Additional charges are pending the results of the ongoing investigation into Tse’s death, which the city’s medical examiner declared a homicide.

Just before noon on July 22, Tse and Anderson were involved in a minor vehicular accident on Colden Street between 45th and Geranium avenues. A relative of Tse, who asked that his identity be withheld, told QNS that Tse — who was on his way to a senior center where he worked as a volunteer — got out of his vehicle and went to expect the damage.

As he did so, the relative said, he was confronted by Anderson’s sister — identified as School Safety Agent Robin Anderson Scott, 50 — who allegedly began preventing Tse from taking pictures of the vehicle on his cellphone. Seconds later, the relative noted, Cleaman Anderson punched Tse in the head, knocking him out.

In the criminal complaint that the Queens District Attorney’s office provided, Cleaman Anderson allegedly claimed to police that Tse had grabbed his sister’s arm and then “made a fake maneuver” before falling to the ground on his own.

Officers from the 109th Precinct came to the scene after receiving a 911 call about the incident. They discovered Tse bleeding from the mouth and with a swollen eye. Paramedics brought Tse to a local hospital, where he was found to have a fractured skull as well as swelling and bleeding on the brain.

Following an investigation, the 109th Precinct Detective Squad arrested Cleaman Anderson on July 26 on two counts of assault; he remains in jail on $50,000 and is scheduled to return to court on Aug. 4. The NYPD is conducting an internal probe of Agent Scott’s conduct during the incident, the New York Daily News reported.