One killed in Rosedale fire

Fire officials are investigating the death of a Rosedale man killed in a fire in the garage behind his house over the weekend.
Google Earth
By Mark Hallum

Firefighters responded to a blaze in Rosedale Sunday which killed one person, according to FDNY.

The fire broke out at about 1 p.m. in the garage at 143-42 232nd St. when a space heater malfunctioned. The occupant of the building was removed to a medical facility in critical condition, but later succumbed to his injuries, the Fire Department said.

Reach reporter Mark Hallum by e-mail at mhallum@cnglocal.com or by phone at (718) 260–4564.

More from Around New York