Williamsburg Pursuit Ends In a Shootout

Suspect Shot, Arrested By Police

A wild chase through the streets of Williamsburg on the night of Thursday, Oct. 11 ended with gunshots and the arrest of a Brooklyn man for attempting to kill three members of the 90th Precinct, police sources stated.

Dahan Sam, 29, of Brooklyn’s City Line neighborhood has been charged with three counts of attempted murder of a police officer and one count of criminal possession of a weapon following the late-night incident.

According to law enforcement sources, at 11:30 p.m., officers from Moore Street and Broadway, officers from the 90th Precinct’s Anti-Crime Unit observed a Saturn Vue SUV driving without its headlights on.

The plainclothes officers reportedly followed the vehicle in an unmarked car down Broadway to Middleton Street, where they used lights and sirens to tell the car to pull over. The vehicle initially pulled over to the curb, according to police, but as the officers got out of their car and approached the vehicle, the vehicle took flight.

The cops then broadcasted a description of the car and its driver over police radio and started to follow the vehicle, but would lose sight of the SUV in the vicinity of South 9th Street and Berry Street.

Additional officers, responding to the initial call for assistance, allegedly spotted the suspect-lated identified as 29-year-old Dahan Sam of Brooklyn’s City Line neighborhood- on foot in the vicinity of South 9th Street and Roebling Street, and attempted to stop him, but Sam fled on foot. A chase led officers to a Havemeyer Street residence, where they ordered the suspect to stop. Sam instead turned and fired at the officers, law enforcement sources claimed; the officers fired in response, striking him in the torso.

EMS personnel responded to the scene and transported Sam to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan, where he is listed in critical but stable condition. Two officers were removed to Bellevue Hospital and one was removed to Wyckoff Heights Medical Center; all were treated for tinnitus.

The investigation is ongoing.

More from Around New York