As runners gear up for the New York City Marathon, Long Island City residents should be aware of several street closures that will affect their commute on Nov. 1.
The lower and upper level of the Queensboro Bridge will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The Pulaski Bridge, which connects Long Island City to Greenpoint, Brooklyn will be closed from 8 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. on marathon day.
Several major arteries will be closed that day from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Parking will also be prohibited on these routes during this period. The affected streets in Long Island City are as follows:
- 48th Avenue at the boundaries of 11th Street and Vernon Boulevard
- Vernon Boulevard at the boundaries of 48th Avenue and 10th Street
- 10th Street at the boundaries of Vernon Boulevard and 44th Drive
- 44th Drive at the boundaries of 10th Street and Hunter Street
- Hunter Street at the boundaries of 44th Drive and Crescent Street
- Crescent Street at the boundaries of Hunter Street and Queens Plaza South
- Queens Plaza South at the boundaries of Crescent Street and 23rd Street
- 23rd Street at the boundaries of Queens Plaza South and Queens Plaza North
More than 40,000 runners from around the world will take part in the great race, which begins at the Staten Island end of the Verrazano Bridge and concludes in Central Park.
A full map of the marathon route is below.